How to become a polygraph examiner in South Africa
Polygraph examiners use a number of instruments to determine respiratory system, perspiration and cardiovascular responses to questions posed throughout a polygraph test. Then they interpret the outcome from the examination to render a viewpoint regarding the reliability of the examinee’s responses. Lie detector tests are utilized by attorneys, probation and parole departments and police force agencies, in addition to by companies and people within the private sector.
A polygraph examiner’s work can include:
• Working closely with attorneys to find out which questions have to be asked to their clients.
• Attaching polygraph equipment to witnesses and suspects before questioning them.
• Keeping records and preparing detailed findings and investigative reports.
• Testifying in court about investigative or analytical findings.
• Taking photographs of evidence.
• Operating and looking after laboratory equipment.
• Consulting with ballistics, fingerprinting, handwriting, documents, electronics, medical, chemical or metallurgical experts concerning evidence and it is interpretation.
Bear in mind the services provided are essential although not always wanted, which means you frequently experience hostility from those who are belligerent.
Most polygraph examiners possess a bachelor’s degree in psychology, criminology, law or physiology. They frequently have experience of the police force or investigations, however, a background in psychology or behavior science can also be advantageous.
There are numerous institutions where Polygraph short courses and DOD Training (Department of Defense Training) can be attained like POLY-VSA Institute of Training and Welcor Truth Verification Center. Other courses to consider which help with skills include public speaking and political science, or fundamental law classes. Many polygraph examiners operate in courtrooms, so an awareness of the items information must be acquired and just how various law procedures jobs are important. Locate an experienced professional examiner and do an apprenticeship with him prior to going into the field.
Secure Polygraph Solutions has 2 very Professional and Qualified Examiners that Service our Clients.
This is where the TRUTH starts.